Sampler Box Review: Tilda Rice & RX Protein Bars

I just got my Sampler box today and so I thought I would review the 2 items I received! 


I am loving the Tilda Steamed Coconut Basmati RiceThe pouch takes only 2 minutes in the microwave or if you want you can cook on the stove too. The rice comes out nice and fluffy - no hard bits! It has a hint of coconut flavour, but nothing too strong. I added in some canned Cloverleaf  Flaked Light Tuna in Water (I bought this new canned tuna for quick healthy lunches and what a great way to try it out!) and chopped up some sweet bread & butter pickles.  



Then for dessert, I ate half of the RX bar - in the flavour Chocolate Sea Salt. I've been so curious to try this brand of protein bars. This one is pretty dense and chewy, as you can see in the photo of my half eaten one. lol  It has big chunks of almonds and cashews, as well as flecks of sea salt. It is on the sweeter side (they use dates as opposed to any refined sugars) but it does have a tasty combo of sweet & salty with the rich chocolate cocoa. It also has a good amount of protein to curb the hangry moments.


They do run a bit on the pricier side. However, the ingredients are great: Dates, Dried Egg Whites, Cashews, Almonds, Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural Flavours and Sea Salt. 

There are a lot of bogus marketing claims on the shelves, but RX does a pretty good job at just keeping things simple. I just wish they would nix the "clean" ingredient mantra because to me, it promotes a disordered way of looking at food and nutrition overall and if it's not clean then it must be "dirty" - nope.

I look forward to trying more products from these brands and enjoying my 50 cent coupon to purchase more basmati rice for other dishes to make!

Have you tried any of these brands before, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave comments below or shoot me a private message on my contact form.

💜

💜  Be part of the Sampler community here: Sampler

💜  Check out RX and Tilda on their Facebook pages for more info and new and exciting product launches!

https://www.facebook.com/RXBAR

https://www.facebook.com/tildanorthamerica/



No comments:

Post a Comment