Recipe: Banana Chocolate Chip Craisin Oatmeal Hemp Seed Squares!

Well these cookies from Weelicious have been such a hit that I decided to use another pan that I had and see what they'd turn out like as squares. Yep, still amazing!  These are perfect for snacks, especially when you want something healthy and filling on-the-go. I've even had them for breakfast with yogurt. They freeze great too, which is another bonus. I love them nice and hot, so you can just pop them in the microwave for about 35-40 seconds. Makes 12.

Baking in the oven with The Pampered Chef brownie pan!
(Make sure to grease well so the mixture doesn't stick)

Hot out of the oven, waiting to cool

Another shot of them

Ready to enjoy!


Ingredients:

2-3 bananas
2 cups of oats
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup of oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
add your toppings (I used some craisins/raisins and some semi sweet chocolate chips - you can really use anything you like and put in as much or as little as you wish)
*one addition this time for added nutrients: raw hemp seeds

That's it!

Directions:

Mash bananas up well and mix all the ingredients up in a large bowl
Let sit for about 10 minutes.
Grease the brownie pan well, take a bit of the mixture and pat nicely into the pan to fill up the spaces.
Put into the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.

__________________________________

I'm really happy how these turned out and the fact that I just had to use a few ingredients - so budget friendly is a bonus.

If you make these, let me know how you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment