Top 10 Movies of 2015

I certainly saw a lot of movies in 2015. I realize that everyone has their own opinions on what makes a great film, and so you may look at my list and think "Is she nuts? That movie was awful!" Or you may say "Yes, spot on, that was a wonderful film!"  Regardless, I just thought I'd provide you with my personal list with description links, in case you want to watch them.

With saying that, leave me a comment and let me know your favs of 2015! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deli Man (documentary)  -  A fascinating look inside the world of delicatessens, especially in the Jewish culture. No joke, I was looking up the closest kosher deli after watching this.





The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel – I will admit, not as good as the first one, but I still say it is a top choice. I loved the cast (especially Dev Patel, Judi Dench, Bill Nighy) the playfulness and touching moments throughout the whole movie.




Just Before I Go  - A real surprise on this one.  It looks like a no-brainer comedy romp from the trailer, but I will say look beyond those moments of odd-ball humour because it will reveal more than you realize. If you are hesitant about seeing Seann William Scott (aka “Stifler” from American Pie) I can definitely say his performance is not one to be missed.  Keep in mind that the soundtrack is great too, especially Snow Patrol - I Wear Your Heart On My Sleeve.

Side note:  I could not for the life of me find the actual full version song without movie dialogue (seems no one else can either, as I even contacted the Snow Patrol page), so this was the closest I was able to find. (Thank you Ghost Writer from Youtube!)




Tomorrowland  - I really liked this movie.  Visuals were incredible and I found the story to be inspiring. Many great quotes that I felt connected to.




Shaun The Sheep –  Yes, I just fell in love with this movie. I've seen it three times now.  Adorable story, very inspiring and excellent British stop-motion animation.



The Gift  -  A total mind f*ck from start to finish. Suspenseful enough to keep your eyes glued to the screen. Fantastic acting and completely unpredictable.




He Named Me Malala  -  A great documentary film about hope, survival, human spirit and the power of compassion not only for ourselves, but for the world.



The Walk -  The incredible true story about high-wire artist Philippe Petit's attempt to walk on a tightrope attached to the north and south towers of the World Trade Centre.  I thought Joseph-Gordon Levitt was stellar in this role. Also the movie is packed full of spectacular footage.




Bridge of Spies – Spy junkies unite! This is a historical thriller that I found very intriguing I am a huge fan of Tom Hanks, but I will say that it's been hit or miss the last while with his performances, up until I saw this gem.  A powerful movie, (be warned that it is dialogue-heavy) but an intelligent film.   Way to go Steven Spielberg!



Man Up - I love my British films and Simon Pegg has easily become one of my favourite actors.   Predictable, sweet but fun to watch.



Oh and just an honourable mention because it had to fit in here somewhere! (No sorry, it's not Star Wars, even though I thought it was a superb movie!)


Antman - Paul Rudd was awesome, great effects AND you will hear Disintegration by The Cure. I won't spoil where it turns up, but if you're a Cure fan like me, your heart will certainly skip a beat. Upon hearing the song in the theatre, I had a perma-grin on my face throughout the whole film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment