My Special Blanket: Q&A with author, Pam Stradeski

Pam Stradeski is a fun-loving local children's author, living in Lasalle, Ontario. With several published books under her belt, My Special Blanket is bound to be a favourite to spark creativity in every child's heart, while encouraging special shared moments while feeling extra cozy. 

Pam's book My Special Blanket will also be showcased June 1, 2021 on The Giggle Mat , so you’ll want to tune in for that.

Enjoy my Q&A with author, Pam Stradeski below! 


1.   Your niece is such a talented artist, creating the illustrations for all your published books, including this one, My Special Blanket.  Can you describe your process of molding the writing and art together.  Does the story come first?  Do you get inspiration from the artwork?

My niece is a very talented graphic artist.  

All of the books were written before the artwork, but I always trust my niece to bring them to life beyond my expectations. 

๐Ÿ’ 

 2.   You have an extensive background working with children, did that experience help with writing this book? 

I have always loved spending time with children and writing poetry. I combined the two loves to create this book and all the others.

๐Ÿ’ 


3.  You are known as “Grandma Pam”  so what’s the best thing about being a grandma?

Honestly, EVERYTHING is the best about being a grandma! I am so blessed to be at home to help my 3 grand-daughters with their online learning.

๐Ÿ’ 


4.  Everyone is unique with how they learn and play. How important is it to foster imagination in children?

I think fostering imagination is very important.  It helps children reach their emotional and social potential. 

๐Ÿ’ 


5.  Where's your favourite “happy spot” here in Essex-County?

Now that Spring is here, riding my bike on one of Lasalle’s glorious trails is my happy spot. Once Summer arrives, I love to go in the swimming pool with my grandchildren. 

๐Ÿ’ 


Check out all of Pam's links below!

๐Ÿ’œWebsite to purchase the book: https://www.grandmapam.com/2020/10/14/my-special-blanket/

๐Ÿ’œContact by email: beanie_crazed@hotmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment