Art Gallery of Windsor: Art Critic Project

It was very exciting to be to chosen as an AGW Art Critic and to have Catherine Heard, who is a talented sculptor and visual arts professor at the University of Windsor, provide insight on art critiquing.

We were able to choose any art piece from the gallery and then write about it. #agwartcritic

My entry is below: 


Robert Keziere, Villa Farnesina; Loggia (from the suite, On Reason), 1987/1991 (negative/, contact silver gelatin print, 51.0 cm x 41.0 cm. Purchased with funds donated by Morris Tabachnick, 1990, 1990.003

"When my mind will not turn off its chatter, I sit quietly here in my chair, envisioning this grandiose space that held the most lavish gatherings every weekend. I remember standing beside the pillar by the window pane where you first took my picture. I am smiling, reminiscing of the most glorious love affair I had with you here. It is where I now come to retreat and find solitude. Alone, my spirit is roaming free. Perfection is an illusion and so I will never fall into the trap of conformity, structure, nor submissiveness. Can I live in a world of my own, borderless? I want to capture each moment here of simple beauty that energizes me. As the years go by, I have let go of trying to uphold an archaic legacy that once served a purpose in the distant past. I will lead with my head and let go of this once troubled heart. These divided doors separated us, but I know someday we will unite again. Maybe as lovers, or simply as the best of old friends. The deafening silence in this room now still brings me comfort, as we built it together on the thought of everlasting love."

No comments:

Post a Comment