Luck Be A Lady: Our 2017 Trip to Stratford

I'm trying to catch up on blog postings and I realized that I never shared our trip to Stratford, so I hope I have convinced you to book some time out of your busy schedule and take a trip down to Stratford for the day or evening and catch one of their incredible musicals or plays!

Stratford Theatre has many different promotions that go during the season. Our favourite is the $29/ticket where they randomly pick your seats! It is usually just for a limited time, so we had to make a decision whether to go this year or not.

As an early celebration to our 9 year anniversary, we made a spontaneous decision to go during the week and check out another play, this time; Guys & Dolls.  We also booked a complimentary Stratford Warehouse Tour too, which actually ended up being a private tour! It was a great experience and we saw so many costumes from all the other plays, plus got to look at various props and learn some history.  Another cool part was at the end where we could choose our own costumes and pose for photos! 

After the tour, we walked around a bit (wow the humidity was pretty brutal but we lucked out with just a few drops of rain during our visit!) and headed to the souvenir shop so I could pick up some presents for my family. I got my brother a Stratford hat and my parents Guys & Dolls t-shirt. I also bought myself a t-shirt because it was in purple, my favourite colour! <3

Guys & Dolls was absolutely incredible and we had great seats! The cast was so energetic! The dance scenes were flawless and you could tell the time and dedication that was put in. You could really feel the emotional connection between characters and the chemistry. Also, the vocal chops on the actors and actresses were phenomenal. I admit, I didn't know all the songs, but I don't mind when that happens because I grew to love so many!  I don't have any photos of the inside because there are absolutely no photos allowed during the performance. Just being there and enjoying the experience was delightful. 

Once the performance was done, we were both very hungry and ready for a good meal. We booked a reservation prior to the show at our favourite spot; Fellini's.  They get extremely busy! I will admit that I was a little apprehensive on eating out at a restaurant because of all the digestive issues going on with me, but I didn't have any problems at all. I limited the amount of bread that I ate for our bruschetta appetizer.  Sorry, no photos of our meals, as I just enjoying a quiet and relaxing meal with my honey and didn't take out my camera.  

To end the meal, we stopped at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! If you want THE BEST chocolate, go here. Oh so good! Bill had a mouth-watering Tiger Peanut Butter Cup and I had a yummy cashew cluster.

By the time we finished our chocolate treats, it was time to head back to Windsor! 

We had a wonderful little mini-getaway and I felt very rejuvenated and ready to get back to regular every day life.  

Enjoy some of the photos that I took of our trip. As always, if you wish to use any of them, please contact me. :)


Bill belongs in the theatre, doesn't he?

I had to take a photo of this because of the mannequins

Some of the costumes
More props used for various performances

Feeling like royalty, complete with the almighty look

Us posing


One of my favourite photos that I captured. So peaceful
Walking along the gorgeous pathway by the river, this guy is busy cleaning himself
 
Pretty flower from the gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment