Contigo: The Perfect Travel Companion

My new Contigo travel mug
All photos by: Melissa Arditti
I admit, I usually take bottled water with me when I am travelling. Whether it’s for work or leisure, I like the convenience of a disposable plastic bottle, instead of carrying something around with me. However, it’s become a double whammy with the negative environmental impact and cost per bottle that adds up. Another nuisance, despite how many ice cubes I put in, it never stays cold for longer than an hour, especially in the summer time. I don’t really drink the sugary sweet beverages or even pop, I like pure H20 (water) to quench my thirst, so I was looking for something to take with me while I went vacationing with my parents because we would be doing a lot of sight seeing and there was no way I was going to continually buy bottled water everywhere we went….it was like a sign from heaven when I came across the Contigo – 16 oz. West Loop Stainless Travel Mug!

As you can see, I have the stylish blue one. There are many colours to choose from, so you can take your pick.

Contigo’s patented AUTOSEAL lid is designed to automatically seal between sips and to prevent leaks and spills.



The new lid-lock button prevents the AUTOSEAL button from mistakenly being pushed open while out and about. With the double-wall vacuum-insulated travel mug, drinks can stay cold for up to 12 hours, or they will stay hot for up to 5 hours long. It is also BPA-free, if that is an important choice for you.


So did it live up to all the hype? YES!

I was really impressed with how crisp and cold my water stayed all day and night. It was fantastic! There were times where I realized that more than 12 hours passed and the water was still refreshing and not a luke warm temperature. It was easy to carry around too, and the one time I accidentally had the bottle on its side, not a drop of water came out.

For the hot beverage claims, I tried a variety of teas, as I sometimes like to enjoy a nice cup throughout the day. From my experiences, 3-4 hours was the time when it started to cool off, but it was still warm, just not piping hot.

Cleaning is a snap, just rinse the lid under the water and air dry. I would suggest using a bit of soap for the actual container, especially if you are using various drinks. If you have a dishwasher, place the lid on the top rack. Here’s a quick video from Contigo's website.

I am really happy with this particular Contigo product. They have a full line of mugs, so this was the most recent innovation from the company. It does take a bit of time to get into the rhythm of using it, especially if you are used to just opening up plastic bottle caps all the time. I also like how it fits under our Keurig coffee maker. I can brew a cup of tea and be set for hours.



You might get a little sticker shock with the price ($20.99) but let me say that the saying is true, you get what you pay for. A quality product fit for a variety of lifestyles, that is durable, sleek and made to last.

With the holidays coming up (I cannot believe I just said that, where did summer go?!) this makes a wonderful gift for that person who is working hard at home, at the office, or is always on the road. Heck, even treat yourself to one. You deserve it!

For more information and to order yours, visit their website: http://www.gocontigo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment