Paczki Day!

Hello, my name is Melissa, I am 33 years old and I have never had a paczki. (Why does this sound like the beginning of an AA meeting?!)

Today, I finally experienced what a paczki is. With an average of 700 calories...one was plenty. I think somehow in my mind, I had a fantasy of how this glorious Polish powdered donut would taste and BOOM...reality struck and kiboshed it.  I enjoyed the creamy custard (I heated it up in the microwave - who doesn't love hot custard???) aspect but the excessive sweetness was a bit much to digest. Plus the dough was so heavy.

A mix of curiousity and sometimes my need to develop new memories gets the best of me. I don't regret trying it, but I wouldn't say it's on next year's agenda. However, $1.50 hardly broke the bank, plus I supported a local business owner.



custard-filled paczki

No comments:

Post a Comment