Mannequin Love


Sometimes there are moments in life that you want to capture, put in a tightly-sealed bottle and store away for those times when you want to relive them. This week, I had one of those moments.

On one of our usual strolls, Bill and I stopped in a thrift shop to look around because you just never know what treasures you may find!  Heading to the back of the store, there were all kinds of  furniture and electronics... this is where the magic happened. Bill found a mannequin bodice! She was perfect...and oddly enough had a very similar body shape to mine.  Bill said that he had to get it for me. We could paint and decorate her anyway I wanted and then it will be displayed in our bedroom. He always finds a way to make me feel beautiful and completely embraces my unusual passions, or some may say fetishes. The cashier rang her through and giddy as a school girl, we left. As the sun began to set, we walked home with my new mannequin.

There is just something about the way mannequins look that almost make you want to breathe life into them or just sit back and admire their stillness in parts or as a whole. They represent a beautiful piece of fragility within us all, so they are silent beauties. They also represent comfort and healing to me. I don't see them as just a piece of plastic mold or whatever texture they happen to come in.

Here she is. Quite stunning, don't you think?  I felt the need to cover her up properly for the photo and just add in one of my favourite movies; Mannequin in the background! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment