Garden at East Gate 2018

Note: Rocks look darker in the first pic because I took the photos at different times!
Still though, you get the idea. ;)
Well here we are into June! Sorry I haven't blogged very much. I have a lot going on and every time I sit down to write, I just draw a blank of where to start.  I have topics I want to write about and give my readers some updates, but i'm not quite in that mode. I think we've all been there, so I appreciate the patience and understanding.

On another note, here is the start of our little front garden. Flowers don't last, the squirrels and other creatures seem to bite off the bulbs right away and so it's a futile effort. So we're sticking with the garden o'rocks and just added some greenery. This flower/plant in the middle (transported from the large planter) is going to get taller than the mirror. lol Still nothing has bloomed though from it, so i'm not sure if anything will.

We put in some new decorative fencing as well, since the other ones pretty much were falling apart and Bill thought the mirror would add something unique, which I was uncertain about, but it looks great, so I shall never doubt him again. Hehehe...

Also added our "Serendipity" slate in the center that I made years ago. I love the sound of the word and on a spiritual plane, the meaning of it has really guided my life. It's an important piece in my puzzle. I think I want to change the sign to create something prettier, but for now, it works.

Our garden, including the little shrubbies with coloured glasses (Bill is in the blue and of course, I am in the purple!) seem to be getting a lot of positive comments from neighbours and other people passing by. You always know which place is ours!

Got any gardening tips that will make our spot pop? Leave comments below or you can always e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment