Puzzled: A New Year Ahead

Our 2023 Holiday Tree

Well hello again to all my readers.  It's been a little while since I last sat down to write a blog. 

Bill surprised me with this assortment of Ceaco Puzzles for my birthday, along with other personal gifts.  I really love all the vibrant colours and the 750 piece scenic one is my favourite. It's ignited some joy that I hope will stay around. We've actually donated several of our other puzzles that we did together, which I hope others are enjoying.  

These will take some time to do, so I'm actually excited to put on some coffehouse jazz music, make a nice cup of tea and sit down and work on these puzzles together over the holidays and into 2024.  Below is what the box looks like.

Ceaco Puzzle - 8 in total!

If I'm going to be totally honest, which is pretty much what you can always expect from me, my inspiration and passion about so many things has dwindled. There's been this void of desire along with on-going fogginess that I can't quite explain that more often than not on most days makes me feel really blah. Not blah blah blah (if you are a fan of Hotel Transylvania, you'll get the reference).  

I know what anxiety feels like and good ol' depression is no stranger either.  However, the feeling is different.  I'm a paradox of thought as it seems as though I am intune with my body, yet I also sense this strong feeling of being disconnected from it. 

I'm now 43, so maybe I'm going through some spiritual shedding.  I don't even know what that means exactly, but the phrase resonates. I also read recently a beautiful quote from writer, Dani Shapiro:"You can start your day over anytime." and that has really stuck in a  positive way. 

A daily reminder to myself and anyone else that might be going through challenges: Eat (balanced/mindfully - treat yourself too) Move (gently) and Rest (recharge). 

As I reflect, 2023 was filled with plenty of lessons as well as blessings.  It was also a pivotal time of honing in on emotional sobriety - my foundation for a happy and healthy existence. 

Living in more calm than entering into unnecessary chaos is a good place to be and what I continue to strive towards each and every day.

A special thank you to those who continue to have their arms open for me, their ears when I need to talk and of course, their hearts. 

~Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment