Monday, June 5, 2017

Get the Balance Right

Hi everyone! My results came back normal. My colon is perfectly healthy (I actually saw images of it!)  and so to complete my work up, my GI doctor wants to do an MRI. From how it looks right now, it appears that the issues are "functional" problems caused by my pelvic floor dysfunction (aka overactive muscles). This was not a problem for quite some time, but due to many life events, I couldn't get my stress under control and we all know that stress wrecks havoc on our bodies. It has reared its ugly head and manifested itself in other ways that I hadn't previously experienced, especially with unnerving digestive distress.

My symptoms were and still are concerning and although I tend to be a little on the hypochondriac side due to a lot of previous trauma, I didn't want to play roulette with my health.  However, now that I know what is going on, i'm trying to figure out ways to cope. I am going back to physiotherapy and incorporating massage into my routine, along with also dealing with the emotional side of things because there truly is a brain gut connection, which i'll talk about in another blog.

I find that taking photographs is really peaceful and it allows me to get lost in the moment, so here are a few I took recently. I'll update again soon. Thanks for all the support everyone. Enjoy!


Tulips

Photo by Melissa F. Arditti

Simple beauty

Photo by Melissa F. Arditti



Out for a walk with my Dad and look what we see!

Photo by Melissa F. Arditti