Snack Review: Bravo for Beanitos!

I am always on the look out for a tasty snack and while shopping at the grocery store recently, I saw a display of chips from an Austin, Texas-based company called Beanitos.  As the name suggests, their products are solely made from beans!  Many “chips” nowadays seem to carry a long-list of claims, everything from being gluten-free, vegetarian/vegan friendly and containing no artificial colours/flavours etc...  So in all honesty, this is nothing really earth-shattering that I haven't seen before with labels. However, let's say you're a diabetic and get a snack attack, so instead of reaching for something that will spike your blood sugar levels, these are low on the GI scale, so a much better choice.

So are bean-based chips are a good alternative? Yes! Beanitos offer a nice variety of bean chips, so there is something for everyone to eat from your plain-jane eater to your more adventurous spirit who is seeking intense flavours.  Personally, I liked that these Original Black Bean chips contain a good amount of fibre, protein, low in sodium and cholesterol-free, so your heart is going to be happy. :)

Beanitos Original Black Bean
#vivalabean

Photo by Melissa F. Arditti

Digging right in!

Photo by Melissa F. Arditti

I am quite pleased with my purchase!  These bean chips are delicious and will definitely fill you up. If you're not a fan of sea salt like me, don't worry because you can barely taste it. They are not greasy at all which is a huge plus and I loved scooping them up with the homemade mixture I made of avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, green peppers, red onion, extra virgin olive oil, and spices.

Like any type of bean, eat in moderation! This was a satisfying snack for a rainy October day that offers a lot of nutritional value and will surely be on my future shopping lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment