Controversy: Legalizing Gay Marriage

I just heard the news about the USA legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states.  I thought at first maybe it was one of those fake news stories that go viral because it's a controversial topic, but upon further research, this was no hoax! It was quite a celebratory day yesterday for the LGBTQ community.

So here are my thoughts.

Instead of all the extreme hatred and fierce determination to protect the unity of "man and woman," how about we just open our eyes and see all the love that is out there in the world and show just a little respect for those who decide to make that commitment, instead of dividing the world even further apart? I think that's the least we can do for our fellow human beings.

I think everyone has the right to their own beliefs. I know many people who are very conservative and do not support lgbtq+, BUT they would be respectful enough to say "hey even though that's not my cup of tea and I won't participate in or promote their lifestyle, they still have a right to happiness and love." I'm actually okay with that stance.

For me, it is the people who are vocal about their hatred and have some twisted view that they have to fight back, when no rights have been taken away at all. Marriage rights have just evolved so other partnerships can enjoy the sanction of marriage now too.


Erasure's A Little Respect (HMI Redux version)

No comments:

Post a Comment