Ed Arditti: MIA

Hi everyone.

I apologize for not blogging very much, however, the start of 2015 has been a rollercoaster ride for our family. I wanted to write a blog, but I haven't had the time nor the energy to put insightful or thoughtful words together. So please just bear with me.

Over the holidays, my dad fell ill with a terrible Encephalitis virus that severely attacked his brain. He was in Hotel Dieu hospital since the first of January, and finally came home on the 13th.  I know this has been devastating to everyone who knows him, including us.

Unfortunately, his cognitive abilities are rather delayed right now. He is currently taking anti-viral medications to reduce the swelling in his brain, which comes with its own side effects, but this is our best line of defense. We have around the clock care from a wonderful organization here in the city of Windsor called CCAC, from nurses to PSW's, an occupational therapist etc...

I wish that I could give more details or at least say that my beloved father is going to fully recover, but we don't know. No one seems to know specifics, it is a situation of wait-and-see, plus keeping up with blood tests, doctor's appointments and of course, monitoring any changes.

As you can imagine, this has been a very difficult time for our family, both physically and emotionally. This was not something we had anticipated and it has thrown our lives for a loop.

We appreciate all the support, deeply and truly.

I took this photo last year when we spent a nice day at the park together.

I love my Dad so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment