Satisfying The Sweet Tooth at TBQ

Sometimes a meal cannot be complete without dessert. When you arrive at a family owned and operated restaurant like Tunnel Bar-B-Q here in Windsor, that has been in business for over 70 years, there is a reason why you keep coming back.

Aside from their reputation of having the best ribs, which I might add really do live up to expectations since the plate is full of flavourful, meaty, fall-off-the-bone tenderness, I cannot resist the dessert menu. I love a late-night walk-in where the staff welcomes you just for dessert.

It’s hard to actually narrow down a choice when black forest tortes, coconut cream pies, and many other decadent desserts are staring at you. However, the waitress is always willing to give an extra few minutes so a wise decision can be made.

Chocolate Torte

My favourite has always been the Strawberry Romanoff cake. I can crave something chocolaty, but once my eyes see the glazed strawberries, I know what I have to order. It’s simple but oh so satisfying. My fork seems to know exactly where to begin to get the first bite that leaves me feeling like I've bitten into a little piece of heaven.

Strawberry Romanoff

You’re not just limited to cakes and pies either. You can get rich frothy milkshakes and ice cream sundaes, too. All the ingredients used are high quality and the portion sizes are perfect so you can enjoy a little indulgence, without the extra guilt.

Next time you’re looking for a perfect ending to any meal, make sure to remember because nothing is quite as sweet as dessert.

*Update: Another great place here closed! This was quite saddening, but inevitable. You can still buy many of sauces online:  TBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment