Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday night yumminess

I'm really in love with President's Choice black label - black cherry and vanilla.  It is so good. Well, it's beyond good, it's fantastic! The best part, I paid 99 cents. I spotted it on sale at our local grocery store, Zehrs. It's regular over $6, and so what a bargain! This is the first time I have tried anything from the black label because the price tag is a little too lofty for the small quantity and the way the marketing is, it felt like a pretentious brand. Clearly, I was very wrong because despite being a small jar, I cannot get enough of it.

I made a little treat tonight that you may want to try out.

-Roll out your dough pieces (you can use pre-made crescent rolls, or make dough from scratch), spread jam in the middle, and then roll back up.

-Place each one on a cookie sheet, or you can use a brownie pan (see my review here of Pampered Chef's product: brownie pan)

-If you're using pre-made dough, bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. Check to see if the dough is getting brown. Some ovens may brown rolls faster than others.

-Remove from oven and put onto a serving plate.

-To enjoy the jam even more, I spooned some of it into a bowl, microwaved for a few seconds and added the hot jam on top.

Ooooh! I'm quite satisfied. I also added a bit of granola nut mix for an added touch.

Enjoy!