Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I think maybe I think too much...


All of us have the right to feel different emotions throughout our lives. I guess I have suppressed my feelings for far too long and so I realize now that it's okay for me to feel sad or even a jaded angry b*tch when I think of certain memories. One revelation though, I have spent way too much energy hoping for sweet revenge that I only felt karma could bring. I have realized that as Sarah said to Jareth, The Goblin King, in the movie Labyrinth,  "You have no power over me!"  If I choose to respond in a certain way, I am held accountable for those actions.  So the power lies within me, what a novel concept.  I'll keep working on it.

As I was mulling over some of these thoughts, I turned on the radio and heard Pink's new hit single; Blow Me One Last Kiss. The song has elements of Pink's obvious relationship woes and her clarity looking back now, with a good mix of angst that only she can convincingly pull off... What do you think?